Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Saturday, February 05, 2011

Facebook CREEPS Stalking you?

Every day folks on Facebook are tricked into downloading applications that just aren’t safe.  Facebook has become a breeding ground for malicious applications which are easy to distribute.

Today the popular scam comes along in a message that says

“I've just seen who STALKS me here on Facebook. You can see who stalks you too!”

If you click on the link that comes with this post you’ll see the following and you should not continue to Find Our More.

stalker

 

FIRST, you should remove the post from your wall so your friends don’t find it and click on it.

stalker1
The X won’t be obvious, but when you roll the mouse over this area it will show up and you can remove the post from your wall.

NEXT, send your friend a nice note suggesting they change their Facebook password.  This can happen to anyone so it’s not their fault. If they don’t get on Facebook often consider giving them a call.

LAST, expect more of the same kind of posts in the future. The popular trend seems to be ways to see who is looking at your Facebook page and OMG, there’s something you have to see.
I’d have to say more than half the posts that start with OMG are bogus.

Share on Facebook


4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks, Bill, for this great information and everything else great that you do for us WinPatrol users! Vicki T

10:56 PM  
Blogger Braden said...

Bill, you are the man! But answer me this... When are you going to make "Scotty", an Android app???
I just got my first smart phone, and the android system desperately needs Scotty to do his thing! I think a WinPatrol application would do very well.
I've been using WinPatrol on my PC for years now. Thank you.

4:39 PM  
Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks. It may be a while but I have registered DroidPatrol.com.

;)

Bill

5:48 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been bitten by a Facebook bug or an itunes bug...whatever I can't get rid of it and I don't know who to trust!

6:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home