Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Friday, July 25, 2008

Friends Around the World

I’ve writen before about how important it was for companies to be global and with the US dollar so low it’s more important than ever. I’ve been lucky to have friends in other countries who have helped me localize WinPatrol. Their work has made it even more possible for WinPatrol to gain popularity all over the world.


Below is one page of stats so far in July at WinPatrol.com. Only our biggest fans actually upgrade to PLUS these days so don’t go thinking I’m ready to retire yet. I can tell you that folks in other countries are more apt to upgrade and I appreciate it. The numbers include requests for PLUS Information.


WinPatrol stats for July 2008



Labels: ,

Share on Facebook


3 Comments:

Blogger Gordon Bennet said...

Plus is such astonishing value - I use it all the time. Don't really understand why people don't upgrade seems a bit daft really. I certainly advise my friends to install and upgrade - for their own self-interest.
Nevertheless, I think it great that you make the free version available.

11:45 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Scotty the Global dog.
More than 123.000 individuals (unique or not) if my math is correct(60%+) from countries other than the US.

Well done Bill, going global is not a trend is a request by so many thousand of PC users and all this because you are an OK person, a programmer with ethos.

I liked your hidden file in FF 3 explanation.

Once more Have a nice Summer,
Kostas

8:19 AM  
Blogger Jim said...

I'm pleased to say I did the Plus upgrade. Looking up stuff via Plus is worth far more than the total upgrade price.

Thanks Bill for being an honest software developer and vendor.

6:06 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home