Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Honor Flight Network: Update and Challenge

Memorial Day is over but not forgotten although I’m still a little off my normal topic.  It was a beautiful weekend here in upstate NY and I thought it was important to share our good fortune with others. As I announced on Monday, all sales of WinPatrol PLUS would be matched and the proceeds would go to our local chapter of Honor Flight Network.


The Honor Flight Network brings our honored World War II veterans to Washington D.C. to visit the four year old WWII Memorial and other available sites.  The next trip for the local Albany NY chapter is planned for September/October.


I had 18 PLUS upgrades on Monday for a total of $539.10. My promise to match means I’m sending a check to Honor Flight Network for $1078.20 and I’ve never felt better.


I’d like to challenge my friends to match this donation.  I have a number of old AOL buddies who still have comfortable bank accounts so I would encourage them to kick in a few dollars and match my donation. I also have some buddies at Microsoft, Google and other tech companies who have done well so I hope they’ll participate as well.


If you’d like to give to your local chapter just go to http://www.honorflight.org/regional.htm for a list.


If you have a vet you’d like to see have an opportunity go to http://www.honorflight.org/vetsapp.htm



“Honor Flight recognizes American veterans for your sacrifices and achievements by flying you to Washington, DC to see YOUR memorial at no cost. Top priority (for which we are currently accepting application only) is given to WW II and terminally ill veterans from all wars. In the future, Honor Flight will be expanded to include Korean and Vietnam veterans. In order for Honor Flight to achieve this goal, guardians fly with the veterans on every flight providing assistance and helping veterans have a safe, memorable and rewarding experience. For what you and your comrades have given to us, please consider this a small token of appreciation from all of us at Honor Flight. For further information, please contact us a (937) 521-2400 or visit us at www.honorflight.org


Thank you for your patience this holiday weekend. My next post will be back on tech topics.


 

Share on Facebook


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home