Bits from Bill

Technology thoughts leaking from the brain of "Bill Pytlovany"

Friday, December 01, 2006

Bits from Bill One Year Anniversary

I never knew it would be possible but I’ve been a blogger now for a full year. Two years ago I’m sure I was making fun of people who Blogged.  It has been a lot more work than I expected but it has also been lot more fun. I’m very grateful to all of you who have been regular readers and especially those of you leaving your comments.

One Year Graphic of Bits from Bill readers

As you can see my initial Blogging started out with a bang.  At the time I was able to provide a lot of information on what was called the Zero-Day WMF Exploit so I had plenty of new visitors. It looks like after the initial rush I’ve been able to attract a growing audience.

I was also lucky to have the support of many friends and fellow Anti-Malware crusaders who encouraged me to write more.

The Good Guys
Alex Eckelberry, Ben Edelman, Dave Methvin, Wayne Porter, Eric L. Howes

The hardest part has been making sure to have something posted on a regular basis to keep you all coming back. I was surprised at how much time I would spend doing research on each post not to mention the grammar checking and tweaking the structure of the presentation.  The fun part was doing the research and finding the truth from all the garbage being posted by various sources. I am an information junkie and my kids will tell you, I love trying to be a know-it-all.

I hope you’ll all stick with me for another great year ahead.

 

Share on Facebook


5 Comments:

Blogger Corrine said...

Congratulations!

I am both a regular reader and also a devotee of WinPatrol. "Scotty, the Windows WatchDog" is on patrol in my garden. ;)

Regards,

Corrine

10:43 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well Done Bill!!

I have learned a great deal from your blogs.

Thank you for sharing your expertise. It is difficult for me as an average user to determine what information I find on the net can be trusted.

Going to your blog I know the information I gather is the straight scoop.

Wishing you and yours a Merry Christmas and fine holiday season.

2:20 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well done Bill. I've always read articles on here with interest.

And it is almost a year (16th of this month) since I started my blog on the same service. Before moving to a domain.

So expect a write up from me with your blog included for anniversarys.

My forum and domain will be a year old next year. But it is still great to get the first year done as regards to blogging. :)

Keep it up.

6:28 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have been useing Scotty for a few years now and I have no interest in changing that. Scotty rules keep up the good work, and by the way thats why I use AVG

6:40 PM  
Blogger paperghost said...

Congrats Bill, and here's to a lot more blogging action!

2:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home